Friday, April 4, 2014

Yankee Man The Future Of Sports Talk Radio




Yankee Man James Acevedo The Future Of Sports Talk Radio


    I already know that a lot of you guys (my readers) don't know who Yankee Man James Acevedo is. nor are you aware that Yankee Man James Acevedo is the future of sports talk radio.
I completely understand this you guys but let me take a second to explain why he is someone you should get to know and get to know very quickly. If you love sports and you have a sense of humor he is that go to internet radio host and podcast host you need to tune into.

He literally sugar coats nothing and he isn't afraid to cover or speak on any sports story of relevance by giving his honest opinion. See you have to understand guys, so many sports analysts always want to tip toe around stories that they have to cover and be politically correct and polite. James on the other hand, speaks for the fans in my opinion because he runs his show just like we speak at work, the dinner table at home or in AppleBee's, and even at the gym before some of us run 5 on 5.

You don't believe me? Pshhh!! check him out live and full effect here on his up and coming podcast series The BenchWarmers:  thebenchwarmers.podomatic.com. All I can say is after my first listen I was hooked because I appreciate real people saying real things, no matter what field of work they are in. Now let's get to know a little bit more about the man behind the scenes the mad genius himself.


Yankee Man James Acevedo The Man Behind The Voice 


     I wouldn't dare try to put his bio in my own words I feel like he deserves to tell you who Yankee Man James Acevedo the man behind the voice truly is. So here it is guys in his own words Yankee Man James Acevedo gives you a little bit of an insight of who he is.

    "My name is James Acevedo. I'm 41 years old & I live in New York City. I work part time as a security guard at a cemetery & I also do my two podcasts called The Bench Warmers Show with co-host Julia & my mlbreports.com 2 & A Hook podcast. I just got a new internet radio job as a co-host on V's After Dark with host Ms V Da Toy Lady here at this link tobtr.com/s/6213237 ! I'am a type of person that doesn't take myself seriously but I do know when to be serious when the moment is appropriate. I always give people respect as long as I get it back in return which to me is a very simple rule in life. To me as long as you live your life, have fun & don't try to mess with people, your life will be productive".



Crazy how simple he kept things right? Well we aren't finished discussing him yet guys because I had the awesome opportunity to conduct a phone interview with him and he literally blew my mind with his responses.


Yankee Man James Acevedo Q & A Session


Now we get to the meaty part guys. I setup an 11 question interview and he literally breezed through it with confidence and a laid back comfortable demeanor over the phone. So here go's guys the questions I asked him and the answers he gave me in return:

1.) What Motivated you to start your podcast radio show The BenchWarmers?
  
    "Well I actually went to a school called the Connecticut School Of Broadcasting where I was pretty much like I'm open to anything in the media field whether I'm the behind the scenes guy or that guy that works in the board room." "I have to admit I never actually planned to do internet radio though it's just something that happened for me, and the more shows I did the more I actually fell in love with doing internet radio as a host".

2.) Did you have Previous Experience Or Knowledge with the Technical aspect of producing your podcast show and setting it up online?

   "Yea I had my experience that I got from school and then I did an internship from August to September of 2011 as well. In school I was taught how to work the board, recording skills, and sound editing techniques as well so that helped me out a lot. Plus my school is setup so that if I ever forget any technique or skill even though I have already graduated I can still come back and refresh or brush up on them so that's always helpful to".

3.) Where do you see your podcast going in the next year?

     "Honestly, I would like my podcast to pick up more fans of course (laughs) but I really see it as a job in training. I mean I definitely want to see some growth within the show on my part, and I mean I would love for my podcast to get picked up by a major radio station or network. That would be amazing for me and my co- host Julia."

4.) Can you tell me a little about your take on the state of hip hop today?

     " I really believe that hip hop has lost it's intimacy with the fans, I mean everything you hear now is about buying this car or that chain or something materialistic and it's no longer about showcasing a rapper's lyrical abilities. I can remember listening to the radio as a kid and hearing artists like: Eric B, Rakim, KRS-1 and others that like drew you in with their punchlines and delivery. This was back when artists didn't get radio play without the love or help from dj's."

       "Hip hop is so commercialized now that a lot of the artists out lack originality and substance in their rhymes and metaphors, it's kinda like everyone sounds the same to me. It's like now hip hop is all about what artists can buy, what pills they pop and other ridiculous stuff. I was a huge fan of the Biggie's and the 2pac's who created songs that changed the very makeup of hip hop, these guys made classics they didn't just settle to make songs."

5.) Are you single?

    "No (laughs) I'm not single I am happily involved with a great and supportive woman and we've been together for 11 years. I'm contemplating marriage one day but I don't want to rush into anything though, due to past experiences.

6.) Do you want your own radio show? Or Would you rather have a radio show with a co- host?

    " I really would prefer a show with a co-host because I love the ability to be able to interact with a person and we feed off of each other in a great way. Trying to do a whole show by yourself is very lonely, I mean unless you can take open calls from fans and the general public though. If I had to do a show by myself I would but I mean I personally prefer a co-host" .

7.) Can you give me your opinion on the future of the New York Yankees organization?

    " As long as the Yankees can make money they will find ways to be successful that's my opinion. I mean I do see them improving though, Cc Sabathia is pitching better and with the addition of Tanaka and if he can adjust quickly and play well we have a good chance to play well this season. Also if the Yankees can get Nova and Pineda to play well that will be huge for the team as well. However, we have Robinson as the team closer that's like the only thing I'm not to sure about as of yet."

8.) Do you have a top 5 fave hip hop artist list?

    " That's a great question vee, I do actually but I mean this is so hard ugh!" "Ok, ok my top 5 artists off of the top of my head are: Rakim, KRS-1, Nas, Kool G Rap, and Big Daddy Kane. This is all I heard as a kid growing up in New York on WBLS 107.5 while listening to Mr. Magic."

9.) What hip hop song do you know all of the words to? And why that song?

   " Oh man I would have to say "Juicy" by Biggie Smalls, this song was so easy for me to remember because it was what hip hop used to be all about. This song to me showcased Biggie's love for hip hop that was from our era. I just felt this song because he broke down the state that hip hop used to be in when it used to be at it's best in my opinion. I mean man, he showcased his passion for hip hop, his creativity and all wrapped up in one track."

10.) What are your thoughts on the future of ARod?

   " In my opinion ARod is one of the saddest stories in sports history. I mean he was actually on the road to being one of the best to ever play the game of baseball and he ruined that for steroids. I've never seen a superstar so mentally fragile, he has pure talent and he just threw it all away. Then the whole situation where he tried to sue the player's union was just ridiculous. I honestly feel like he over thinks things to much and it causes him to choke when he's in the spotlight. It's like because he has never really dealt with adversity or any obstacles besides the one's in his early childhood, he doesn't understand how to overcome losing".

    " I was really rooting for him in the beginning of the whole situation, but after his many antics I hope the Yankees just pay him his money so that he can just go away and stop causing drama and bad publicity for the whole organization."

11.) What's your take on the Radio beef between Hot97 and Power 105.1 for supremacy or that top spot in Ny? Which station do you personally listen to?

   " Wait they have beef? Well I've always thought that Hot97 was good but I think this whole beef thing they have going on is silly I mean really who gives a sh**. I mean I like Funkmaster Flex but dj'ing isn't even the same anymore to me. It's like everything is electronic nobody scratches records anymore everything is done from your laptop and mixing a whole bunch of songs together. I personally listen to sports talk radio now or nothing at all."

        I had a blast talking to Yankee Man James Acevedo and hopefully you guys will tune into his podcast shows and show him love and enjoy getting to know him as well.






Make sure to Follow me on twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/TheRealVMoolah
and subscribe to my blog as well guys.
I make sure I give you what you want to know and deserve to know!





No comments:

Post a Comment