Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Joey Cutless The Man Behind The Beats





Joey Cutless The Man Behind The Beats

        
         On Monday April 21, 2014 I had the chance to interview indie super producer Joey Cutless the man behind the beats. He has been producing tracks for tv shows, signed artists, indie artists and helping to educate thousands on the music business for years now. Joey Cutless was not only humble and laid back, but this guy knows music hands down from the proper placement of snare drum patterns to beat bpm's he's got beat creation down packed. You don't have to take my word for it just ask one of his 150,000 twitter followers. Let me give you a guys a little bit of Joey's background so you understand who and what he's all about guys.

Raised in middle Georgia, aka the “dirty south”,  Joey Cutless is an American hip-hop producer, engineer, and online beat sales and music licensing pioneer. Joey has produced a staggering amount of music for television shows, advertisements, video games, multimedia, live event scores, motion pictures and of course, recording artists. Joey Got started doing music as an emcee at around 12 years old and later, developed production skills to produce beats for his own projects due to lack of budget to hire an  outside producer.   As a recording artist in high-school, Joey Cutless performed live as an opening act for artists such as Lil Jon, Ludacris, T.I, Big Boi of Outkast, Hot boyz/Cash Money, Goodie Mob, Pastor Troy, DJ Kizzy Rock, and Mase.
For alot of people just making beats is enough but For Joey Cutless it never was, he has also learned and started to provide his services for production, mixing and mastering for artists that need it.


Joey Cutless Interview



So now let's get to the good part the moment you have all been waiting for the epic interview that took place last night with none other then joey cutless.

1. At what age did you start making beats?
I was rapping at 14 so basically once I learned how to make beats I startedmaking them for myself to rap on probably around 16.

2. What is your motivation as a producer?
Just providing for my family and being and doing new things that leave new business strategies or tactics for future producers.

3. How would you describe your beat making style?
My beat making style is very spontaneous. I pretty much am capable of using any production strategy. One day I'm playing on a 88 key keyboard and layering a track heavily. Then maybe later on that day I'm chopping some samples from records and adding a kick, snare, and not much else. It's all about what sounds good in the moment.

4. What is your favorite record that you produced and why is it your favorite?
Hmm.. I don't have a favorite to be honest. I've got 300 beats on my website, about 400 on my computer that no one has ever heard, another 500 on tv shows that aren't online and a ton of songs I produced for small and big names alike. Honestly if I had favorites I have forgotten about them lol.

5. Who is the one artist that you want to work with in the industry today?
Jay-Z, Outkast, Nas, Bone Thugs and Harmony (all 5 members)

6.Where do you see yourself industry wise in the next year?
I'm moving to the executive side of things more, developing artists and using some of my relationships to put some talented artists on. The one's who deserve it and who have been working hard of course.

7, What production equipment or brand do you prefer to create music on?
I use Reason mostly, but also cubase. Fl Studio and I also use a Roland MV8000 which I will never get rid of, even though everything is software based now.


My Thoughts On Joey Cutless

Guys, with the musical passion that he has and heart that's all about helping the indie artist and producer, my thoughts on joey cutless are that he is one of a kind. From his strong knowledge of musical production to his knowledge of  how to create an eye catching website joey cutless literally understands how to attract the right market.

If you are an indie artist or an and up and coming producer looking to learn the business and how to improve your craft joey cutless is the man to get to know. Remember guys, the music industry is about connecting with the right people, having music people want to hear, and understanding the business aspect of the industry as well. You can visit his website here: www,joeycutless.com or by simply clicking any one of the images within the post.













Make sure to Follow me on twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/TheRealVMoolah
and subscribe to my blog as well guys.
I make sure I give you what you want to know and deserve to know!




1 comment:

  1. Joey Cutless is THE best producer in the game #stealthmode

    ReplyDelete